The Office of Vocations cultivates a culture of prayer for vocations to help qualified men and women hear the call of God. It promotes vocations and walks with candidates through screening, application, acceptance and transitions to seminary. It coordinates with seminary faculty on the formation and evaluation of potential candidates for the priesthood and religious life. The Office of Vocations is responsible for:
- Promoting vocations for both men and women
- Cultivating prayerful discernment among potential candidates
- Administering support for collegians, theologians and immigrant applicants
- Coordinating seminary formation with faculty using the 4 pillars
- Reviewing faculty evaluations on candidate growth areas, suitability & readiness
- Recommending to the Bishop, those for Minor Orders, Candidacy & Ordination
Visit the Diocese of Raleigh's Vocations website at NCPriest.org.